• Member of Technical Working Group [TWG] on Human Resource for Health [HRH], Ministry of Health, Zambia; 2016 to date.
• Member of the Training & Examinations Committee of the Health Professions Council of Zambia; April 2017 to date.
• Member of Committee of Experts of the Higher Education Authority of Zambia; March 2017 to date.
• Interim Chair, Research Group of the International Academy of Physician Associate Educators [IAPAE]; 2013 to date.
• Member of the University of Zambia Senate ad-hoc Committee formulating guidelines on implementation of the term and Grade Point Average systems; March 2013 to date.
• Head of Department of Medical Education Development, University of Zambia [UNZA] School of Medicine; 1st March 2013 to 30 November 2016.
• Senior Lecturer in Pathology, Department of Pathology & Microbiology, University of Zambia School of Medicine, Lusaka, Zambia; 2008 to 30 November 2016.
• Head, Examinations Council of Health Sciences – UNZA in the Department of Medical Education Development, University of Zambia School of Medicine, Lusaka, Zambia; 2011 to 30 November 2016.
• Consultant; Development of the National Oral Health Standards of Practice for the Republic of Zambia, Ministry of Health, Zambia; March 2014 to 29 July 2015.
Dr Marimo is currently the Dean of the School of Medicine at Cavendish University Zambia with more than fifteen years working experience at senior and executive management levels principally in the public health sector as Chief Army Dental Officer, Ministry of Defence, Zimbabwe; Deputy Director then Director Oral Health, Ministry of Health & Child Welfare, Zimbabwe; Clinical Director, University of Zimbabwe Oral Health Centre; Head of Department of Medical Education Development, University of Zambia School of Medicine, Lusaka, Zambia; Head, Examinations Council of Health Sciences, University of Zambia School of Medicine and Consultant Pathologist, University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia.
As a product of a unique postgraduate programme at the University of the Western Cape, University of Cape Town and Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa at the turn of the century, he has demonstrated a unique insight into training of health professionals in all medical and dentistry disciplines at undergraduate and postgraduate levels with a significant community and country impact in Zimbabwe and Zambia and indirectly SADC. Since completing his Fellowship with the Southern African FAIMER Regional Institute nine years ago, his new skills set produced three new MMed programmes, ten MSc degree programmes in basic health sciences and two undergraduate programmes whose graduates are already in the field offering their services to Zambia and Southern African countries.
Dr Marimo is also an ardent researcher with more than thirty publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and is a proud Founding Faculty member of the Dentistry programme at the College of Health Sciences, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe which has two places per intake reserved for Zambia, Botswana and Eswatini. He, however, does find time for his wife and four daughters as well as the local Greek community to practise his Greek which he reads, writes and speaks comfortably.